Kicking Off..



I am supposed to type in "this-is-my-first-blog I-dont-know-what-to-write". but I hate to admit both. Writing was always (or, still is?) my dream. Ever since I got out of the comic books, i think it was there.

My first story book was a bit heavy one, hard bound with a red cover.

The first story was about a chick and duckling. The story goes like this : the chick mimics all actions of the duckling with a perky "me too". And, then the duckling decided to go for a swim. Chick follows with the same "me too", but it was in for a surprise, swimming was not its cup of tea. And as every children's story ended, this one also said "and the chick learned a good lesson".

As is the trend around me, being a computer engineeer, and working in a Software Company with a special interest in Linux, I should have started with something technical. Somehow, I wanted to write about Robert Frost. And when it came out, it was the chick and duckling :-)

Mirra Ginsburg
- I didn't know the author's name before. Now that I am connected to Internet, and I have Google at hand, it gave me the answer to the simple query "chick and duckling".

For children, stories are stories. But for grown-ups, they are all new lessons for re-read. Being a duckling has the obvious advantage of not drowning. The same is the case with being a chick who thinks before it follows something.

I don't know where I read these lines.

Be a Swift, and stay on the wing,
For heaven's sake, don't sit and sing.
For then you can be sure of your fate,
Locked in a cage, or served on a plate!


But that's it!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

( . )