Standing by the bank and watching the highway of life

Just got this from my Diary of 2001. The sheet was one of the lecture notes :-D, and the hand writing was Rupa's. One of the moment's of creative discussion I suppose.

She has written the name of poetess at the end as "Dorothy
King"
. Google didn't show me such an author, nor I have read any other work of hers. Yet, the hope about life couldn't be more beautiful and optimistic than this.

They say life is a highway
And its mile stones are years
Now and then there is a toll gate
Where you buy your way with tears

It's a rough road, a tough road
And it stretches broad and far
But atleast it leads to a golden town
Where golden house are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a pretty optimistic view of life.

Just scribbling down something which came into my mind after reading this...

Strange is life...Strange is time..
-----------------------------------

Life moves with time...
Those sufferings made me to count it in seconds...
In amidst of happiness,It made me wonder how it passed so fast..

:-)

Anonymous said...

http://www.everypoet.com/archive/poetry/Joyce_Kilmer/Joyce_Kilmer_main_street_roofs.htm

This seems to be the poem your referring too :)

love
chakky

http://chakkys.com
To the world you are one person but to one person you are the world...

Nasrajan said...

Yes Chakky, Thanks .. :-)