Rain Soaked..

It's been more than two weeks since I was away from blogger world. Had so many things to worry about. Now that everything is settled, and I am back to my Quadrant 2, I thought I would write something.

The rain is pouring forth outside, with the pitter-patter and the naughty wind. Yes, monsoon is 2-3 days earlier in Kerala.

I love to see the clouds running in, darkening the whole sky.. Then a sudden thunder .. Wind, all trees start dancing .. Then comes the sound like throwing sand over the roof .. Yet another round of fire ..

I first ran to my apartment to get my camera and take some photos of the rain and the dancing trees.. But I couldn't reach office back..



Lucky that my camera lens didn't get spoiled .. The wind was very strong.



The wildness of the rain and the speed of a car, when captured in sepia, came out like this.



When the rain gave me a little break, I ran back to office. Stood in front of the office building for sometime, enjoying the transition of noisy rough durga turning to a shy soft spoken stream on the ground with just a few drops falling down. And the wind, there was no trace of such an existence. Everything still, as if nothing happened... Except the small streams and puddles of water around ..



I believe that, rain has different language in different places.. Last year, we went for a trip to kodaikanal, from office.. The last destination was the kodai lake for boating ... We might have been in boat for 10 minutes when the rain started pouring in.. We sped back to the shore.. The rest is in picture.. How it rains in the lake ..



while we were waiting near the lake, the rain taught us a rare kind of sacrifice..



With rain, comes accidents. Rain opens so many doors for death to come in, and pick up people in masses. Floods, land slides, lightning what not..

It was 5 years back on a July 9, Malayala Manorama press photographer Victor George gave his life while covering a land slide near idukki.


I loved his photos.. I didn't know then that I would take a camera in my life, and it would turn out to be my passion. But I loved Victor's photos of rain .. I devote this post to the fond remembrance of such souls, who touched the heart of rain and walked with it .. Knowingly or unknowingly..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like this will be ur last monsoon in this office..paiful thoughts..

Anonymous said...

Angudoore,
kurishumala
karmegham moodi kanatheyayi. doore ninnu mazha oodi varunnathu veedinte varandayil erunnal kanam. sugamulla thanuppu. mazha engethi. odinte mugalil channam pinnam pathikkunna mazhathullikalude sangeetham. Alippazhangalum undo entho.

thanutta kattu, cheevidukalude shabdam. mazha nananju parannu pokunna oru kakka ....

muthulla chalukalilooode vellam ozhuki pokunnu.

njanoru kadalasu thoni undakkatte ...

(keep writing. best wishes.)

Anonymous said...

Saw you blog on the rainy days in Kerala via Flickr.
Nice reading.

Reminds me of RAuf's blog on rains and chasing rains and a whole lot of stuff like that.
http://5roblane.blogspot.com/

http://5roblane.blogspot.com/

Have a look.